Re: [LUG] oh my word

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:56:43PM +0000, kevin bailey wrote:

sorry to hear it,

What a bummer. At least I still have my capital letters. :)

could you quickly list your key skills

Unix admin and dev. Perl, C/C++, bit of Java, PHP and other
things. I've done HA clustering, distaster recovery, apache stuff,
genetic data munging, erm ... tech support, SGML, XML and LaTeX. HTML
(of course), CGI, JavaScript, mod_perl, and other things. Team
leading, project managing, conference organising, interviewing, client
facing and tendering. Complexity theory, neural nets, non-linear
dynamics, genetic algorithms and various whacky shit. High level
maths, developmental biology, genetics, ecology and other scientific
snippets.

CV is at http://www.fysh.org/~steve/smcv.html

I can turn my hand to most Unix things.

I believe that most things can be written in less than 100 lines[1] of
perl. :)

I don't do anything artistic.

I'd take a prt time job and get on with my PhD if I could afford it.

and check out www.jobserve.com

... and all of it's friends. I;m so on the case.

Steve

[1] That's sensible lines, with comments and gaps.