Re: [LUG] Advertising for Linux Freelancers

list@xxxxxxxxxxxx,Internet writes:
Hi,
What are you looking for, contract or Permanent people? I'm guessing
contract since you're looking for freelancers.

More a supplier/contractor.

I would imagine that a few people on this list, myself included, might be
interested.
Do you want people to contact you directly or would you rather contact
them?

I'm happy for people to contact me ... I think the key thing I'm looking
for, to start, is:

- people interested in Linux, operating systems in general, documenting
and running them efficiently;
(I use Linux but operating systems are not my main area)

- is a happy to do some bog standard stuff, particularly initially
(i.e bright ideas may get overruled for the sake of simplicity, latest
things are unlikely to be important in the work nor will "power" be of
much importance - reliability, simplicity, standardisation, documentation
will be the "watch" words)

- is happy documenting everything for quality control reasons

- standard stuff will be Linux RedHat/Debian/Slack, MySQL, PHP4, Apache,
Perl5, Webilizer Stats

- well documented unix scripts will be important;

- check and maintain servers they have setup;

- be able to install machines physically from Oxfordshire to Cornwall

- confidentiality will be paramount (but it is not military)

- once up and running and documented then they would start to recommend
new setups

Basically provide standard servers doing nothing too clever with high
quality documentation that defines the setup.

If interested anyone can email me.

Regards, Gwil

Gwil Stephenson