Re: [LUG] Tiscali dial-up

On Sunday 27 January 2002 10:14 pm, John Botwright Jnr wrote:
For any of you thinking this might be a good idea, think again. I had a

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I had excellent service from Tiscali on the
old number. Now I get problems with failed connections - from the debug of
the chatscript/pppd, it seems to be the auth pap:
which repeats 5 times and then the modem hangs up.

I was so relieved at finally getting online with the new number that I posted
a little too early - before the problems became a regular occurrence.

Sorry for the rant, but my Desktop PC's PSU just blew up, the arms fell off
my chair, I have a cold and I'm feeling a little peeved off at the moment.

:-(

Cheers all,
JB.
Lo and Behold! Disconnected the second that I pressed "Send"!  Now
reconnecting it says "LCP terminated by peer" - This is not turning into a
good week.

I'm not disconnected, I use two scripts now. I use a dial-on demand as my
first line, but if I really need to get online and the dial-on demand drops
the line, I stop the on-demand script and use an always-on script, as
described in the earlier post. I doesn't get me online any quicker, it just
means that once I'm on, I stay on without having to worry about the idle time.

--

Neil Williams