[LUG] Tiscali dial-up

For those of you who may want to use Tiscali, or who are already using
Tiscali via Windows, here's the config for the new dial-up number the Tiscali
50 etc services. (And in case I trash my own scripts so that I can find the
settings again!)

#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/pppd connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chatscript' -detach \
defaultroute crtscts noipdefault user <username> \
asyncmap 0 mtu 552 mru 552 /dev/ttyS0 115200 modem \
idle 300 demand

chatscript:
ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ''
ATZ OK
ATM0L0 OK
"ATDT 147008089933030"
TIMEOUT 120
CONNECT ''
'' <username>
'' <password>

Omit "idle 300 demand" if you don't want dial-on demand (idle 300 = 5 mins
without activity before line is dropped.)

The settings may work with other ISP's - part of the code comes from a Force9
HowTo page:
http://www.hades.force9.co.uk/linux/linux_force9.htm

--

Neil Williams