Re: [LUG] multimedia and gnome/gtk

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 14:33, Adrian Midgley wrote:
I need to record voice into mine.  Anyone doing it?
Into Ogg Vorbis I think would be the philosophically purest, but a .wav would
be pragmatically sensible for public use.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/

Have a look a "rec", which is a part of the Sox package.  Sox is
described as the Swiss Army knife of audio tools for Unix.  It should be
installed on any bog standard Linux distro.

I use it quite often to record radio shows I've done for the student
radio station, Xpression FM 87.7.

Also, Xpression uses Linux for its webcast, just to give an example of
practical use of Linux for audio purposes.

Regards,
--
Nicholas John Murison