[LUG] Plug'n Play???

This weekend I purchased a DVD rom by LG to replace my
aging x2 speed CD rom. Unpluged one & plugged in the
other. Booted up SuSe 7.1 & regognised immediately,
including scsi emulation for cdburning. Tried Win98 to
no avail, tried all I knew, still no joy. Reinstalled
Win98, now ensoniq 1370 sound card not recognised,
luck SuSe recognised it tho' otherwise I wouldn't know
what card it was. Spent afternoon on net downloading
ensoniq drivers & got one to work. Reinstalled EASY CD
& CD Create, still OK.Loaded AOL 6 Ok after only 6
restarts. Installed Trust Roller ball, WIndows won't
load anymore. Pissed around for a few more hours, in &
out of safe mode, etc. still no joy. To be fair this
happened once before & was only cured by a new mouse
but not this time. Installed Win95 and am still
reinstalling vital packages one at a time with
assosciated restarts.

You may wonder why i'm bothering with Windows
anything. It's because I use Telewest (nee Eurobell)
for my telephone and like unmetered access, so have to
use AOL wiht its binding to Windows. Can anyone tell
me of a solution to thios problem?

Anyway the undisputed Pnp champion was undoubtedly
SuSe 7.1 by a very long mile.

Trevor Sansom