Re: [LUG] Wikis and miniWikis

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:25:57PM +0000, Tony Atkin wrote:

If two or more people have a document open then the first one to
return an update locks out the rest.

I've seen that too. However, in some implementations, it just doesn't
work. I'm not a fan of hacking in expected functionality, so I just
gave up. The people in question were all clues up and we stuck CVS
behind it instead.

I havn't yet seen a wiki which attempts a more fine grained
resolution of conflicts, although I would be very interested if
anyone knows of one.

Conflict resiltion is not an exact science, hence CVS lets the user
deal with it :)

Steve