RE: [LUG] GCC compilation? Good C++ book

For a book on C++ with some emphasis on OO I found "Object oriented
programming with C++" by David Parsons very good. ISBN 1-85805-2327

Hmm.  I've read that book and it is very cheap for a reference on
this subject (why I bought it).  However, as I hinted earlier, `OOP'
means different things to different people.  This book does not
address, or even mention:

the STL
Exceptions
Namespaces

It tries to appeal to the requirements of Software Engineering
undergrads by going on about UML a bit at the end, but you will be
none the wiser for reading it.

Also, there are a couple of typos in there ;)

...I could've got five pints of Guinness for that.