Re: [LUG] I hope an interesting question on real-world systems

Adrian Midgley wrote:

Here it fails so far...
Looking at individual parts of it - tcl scripts - I get things like

./Asthma_493.0.tcl
bash: ./Asthma_493.0.tcl: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hmm this is usually a problem with the first line.

11:40:12 srw algorithms $ more Asthma_493.0.tcl
#!/home/srw/TF/drug_programs/bin/wish8.4

Note the install.sh script has rewritten the tcl script to
reflect my local settings!!!!

tcl is include in the 40MB, so I don't think it is a simple
dependency
missing.

and looking at tclinstall.tcl which I think should take us into the graphical
part of the setup  gives

tclinstall.tcl is run by a correctly completed install.sh

install.sh put in the path name to the tcl interpretor

I hacked install.sh not to "exec" and "&" the gzip and tar
commands... made tar verbose.. That shouldn't matter, but it is
pretty iffy practise to "&" stuff and not "wait" for it to
finish before using it.

akm@xxxxxxx:/usr/local/Tk_familypractice > ./tclinstall.tcl
can't find package Iwidgets
    while executing
"package require Iwidgets"
    (file "./tclinstall.tcl" line 3)

Bet that is the same substitution missing as iWidgets is one of
the bundled widget sets.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768