Re: [LUG] I hope an interesting question on real-world systems

On Sunday 20 January 2002 05:41, you wrote:
...running
<impressed>

Much of promise, but some other things make me cringe.
Concur.
But v mutable.

The skill set required for maintenance is an interesting point.  I think LAMP
is an increasingly available skillset, but medical apps seem to be going for
PostGres rather than MySQL because of complicated joins and transactional
logging (or maybe they are just going for it)
Tcl and Python seem to go together to some extent but the other funnies I
agree, brilliant and adaptable is probably the specification.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/