Re: [LUG] Just Curious?

My turn as well....

AMD K62 400
128Mb Ram
20GB drive 1, 2 partitions, 1 for Win 98 & 1 for vaarious flovour of linux to
play with plus a blank dtat partition for cd burning
8.4 GB drive 2 with Mandrak 7.2 and seperate partition for data backup
Toshiba DVD (unlocked) for movies
ATi rage fury pro (hence mandrake 7.2, other versions of xfree > 4.01 lock up
in 3D) with DVD assist
Soundblaster AWE 64 ISA. Old but works beautifuly under linux including
soundfonts and hardware midi.
LG CD/RW (currently sold by dixons for 79 quid ! & has handled everything I can
throw at it inc. playstation cd's !)

Spacewalker pro motherboard with award bios and via chipset which for some
wierd reason won't accept any graphics card with a RIVA chipset. Another reason
I have to sticj with Ati.
Was gonna upgrade the motherboard but got seduced by the cheap cd writer.
HP Desket 840C. Immaculate printing under linux.
Primascan Colorado 2400u scanner, not working under linux at all, :-<
Handspring Visor deluxe 8meg supported with USB and Jpilot with syncmal for
avantgo.

For what all that cost BTW 18 months ago I could get a setup twice as fast for
under a grand !
What progress. And my mates Win XP still runs like a dog sometimes on a Duron
800 with 256 mb ram ;-)

Ray.

If the right hand side of the brain controls the left hand side of the body;
then only left handed people can be said to be in their right minds !