Re: [LUG] Just Curious?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:06:18PM +0000, lee quick wrote:

We see countless examples of linux running on various old machines
but out of interest what sort of spec computer do group members have
there favourite flavour of linux running on?

Dell PII 400 MHz - 62 Mb - 4Gb - Suse 7.1 and '95

Bought 128 Mb RAM and 20Gb HD for it and currently slinging on Debian
(takes a long time to upgrade to Woody over a modem).

Sony Vaio F305 - ? MhZ - 32 Mb RAM - 8Gb HD - Suse 6.4 and '98

(will Debian it one day)

I tend to only ever upgrade things when I find that I can't do
something with them. As I tend to use only fvwm2, xterms, emacs and
perl, I tend to get on fine without upgrading too often.

Steve