Re: [LUG] Just Curious?

Quoting lee quick <leequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

We see countless examples of linux running on various old machines but

out of interest what sort of spec computer do group members have there
favourite flavour of linux running on?

Does anyone besides myself use it as a standalone workstation on newer
hardware?

Silverwind - A Pentium 233MMX and 96megs of Ram, and a total of 30gig hard disc
space. It's a standalone Linux server with a Redhat 7.1, that does just about
everything - such as DHCP, Samba 2.2 in domain controller mode, Freeswan IPsec,
Apache 2.0 and 1.3.22, MySql DB server, and gateway/router for the internal
network.

Merlin - P3-750Mhz and 256megs of Ram, with about 25gigs of Scsci hard disc.
Runs Windows 2000, most of the time, and also currently Mandrake 8.1.  Would
say I use it that much for Linux, as I just connect over the network to my
Redhat box to do what I want. (Or 4 other Linux servers on the Internet :) )

Pete Hatton