Re: [LUG] [OT] Sun bargains! & firewalls

simon.rodda@xxxxxx wrote:

I'm trying to set-up a firewall for the impending rollout of ADSL in
Penzance. Can anyone point me to a good resource for firewall config in
SuSe?? - or should I be using IPchains etc.,

IPChains is fine for a personal firewall - I assume this is for
personal use?

BT use to have loads of homeworking schemes that supplied this
sort of thing to staff in little router boxes.... Just a
thought.....

Surely this edition of SuSe has a 2.4 kernel by now, then you
should be running IPTables. I haven't read the SuSe personal
firewall docs, but I can if you have a recent version.....

Start with the IPChains or IPTables howto documents. I'm always
happy to use unsuspecting DCLUG members as guinea pigs for scans
and such like.