Re: [LUG] Change of H/D assignments

I've just brought a CD/RW and am taking out my second drive which linux resides
on currently booting from /dev/hdc2 which is secondary master.
I'll be setting it to primary slave and setting my new cd writer as secondary
master leaving my DVD drive as secondary slave.

I know that the assignment for lilo will change by doing this but how will I be
able to boot into linux after I have done this in order to reconfigure lilo.
I'm running Mandrake 7.2 at the moment & select which o/s to boot from the
menu. Can I tell linux to boot from /dev/hdb2 (I'm assuming that will be
correct device as the my backup drive I'm removing is set up as hdb normally
and linux is on the second partition of the drive) or do I need to edit the
loli.conf file and rerun lilo before altering the drives around ?
-=snip=-
ok from the top...

when you get the LILO: prompt type in

linux root=/dev/hdb2

i think that is the correct paramater to pass to lilo, if i am wrong
expect me to be email bombed for passing on duff information !!!

-=snip=-
Ray of sunny Plymouth.
If the right hand side of the brain controls the left hand side of the body;
then only left handed people can be said to be in their right minds !

I agree !!

Neil Stone

   Tel: 01752 565870   Mob: 07866 368318   Fax: 0870 7061160