Re: [LUG] Windows XP and Suse Live cdrom

Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Better still - make sure you have a mix of FAT and NTFS/etc partitions.
> Given that most platforms in the known world can not only read and write
> FAT but also fix and recover it relatively reliably.
>
> NTFS also can't be defragmented, although it doesn't fragment as badly as
> FAT under w98.
>
> And FAT is quicker for games, etc and can be shared between different
> windows (and other platforms).

Hmm - given that lack of security and reliability are the common
criticisms of MS OSes, choosing NTFS for important file systems
- like where the OS is installed - is key to achieving what
security and stability is available.

I'm assuming the SuSe Live CDROM is a CD based SuSe image - I'd
just go for partitioning the disk and installing a proper copy
of SuSe - the LUG can supply CD's if needed.