Re: [LUG] Windows XP and Suse Live cdrom

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Lee Quick wrote:

> Yeppers you need a Fat filesystem to save any settings, the moral of this
> story is if you like me insist on
> using mr gates wares, under no circumstances install Win(whatever) with an
> Ntfs filesystem!
>
> Unless of course you need the various ntfs bits and pieces!

Better still - make sure you have a mix of FAT and NTFS/etc partitions.
Given that most platforms in the known world can not only read and write
FAT but also fix and recover it relatively reliably.

NTFS also can't be defragmented, although it doesn't fragment as badly as
FAT under w98.

And FAT is quicker for games, etc and can be shared between different
windows (and other platforms).

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a