Me Too!! (was Re: [LUG] Happy Christmas!)

You are not be alone!  I also discovered the hard way that MandrakeUpdate
does not successfully perform a kernel update and it has to be done
manually...

have a look at

"http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/security/2001/MDKSA-2001-079-2.php3?dis=8.1";

guess I should have known better -