Re: [LUG] Red Hat 7.2

Neil Williams wrote:

> Also, the windows partition didn't appear to be setup by default, I had to
> edit /etc/fstab manually to enter:
> /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat
> at the end. (After creating the directory /mnt/windows )
> Is this expected?

Not sure but Mandrake and SuSe were better at this than Redhat
previously.

Re: IPCHAINS - I think there is some optional backward
compatibility stuff - perhaps Mandrake had it installed by
default?

> Quality isn't superb (but then, is any laptop?)

My Acer (the cheapest in the shop) sound seems okay under Win98
- but then my hearing isn't exactly perfect. I can't remember if
it even works under Linux - but now I'm downloading MP3 from
freenet perhaps I should try.