[LUG] CD Writer

HELP!

To those on the D&C Lug list - sorry to keep going on on this subject!

I have got my CD writer working under Mandrake 8.0 by:
append "hdc=ide-scsi"      in lilo.conf and
options ide-cd ignore=hdc
alias scd0 sr_mod              in modules.conf

I have chnged the /dev/cdrom to symlink to scd0

as per the HOW-TO

The only prob is that now I cannot access the drive as a standard cd-rom
(it's the only on in the box so I do need it).  Can anyone please tell me
what I have missed, where I need to look for clues or just how to get the
drive working again. Please?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Harvey

--
For information on Newquay and the surrounding area:
http://www.Newquay-Plus.co.uk