Re: [LUG] EMail Clients... and Netscape 6

> As a Question,  I would like to know why I cannot use Netscape 6?  I
> have loaded it on to the machine, however there are no icons or
> anything to say 'Use Me' etc.  I loaded it in as root, hoping that
> all could use it ( I also tried this with Star Office 5.2 but that
> didnt work either) but nothing is visible.

Jason.  I can't remember how I installed Netscape 6, but with SO5.2
if you want to use it as a user other than root you have to add the
suffix /net when you execute the install script.  As I recall, this
is not in the docs and irritated me at the time (not as much as
actually trying to use the *** thing!).  Once that is done, you then
install again as a user - not a full install, mind, but there is a
setup script which creates a user account in /home/jason, or
whatever.

If you get stuck, I have some full instructions at home.

Pegasus at work, Mutt at home (never get any emails though), Opera 6
for reading Slashdot.

MB.