[LUG] lpd dies

SuSE 7.2
It is me, but I am not sure what it is that I have twice doen that has left
me with a printing setup that requires root to enter "lpd" whereupon whatever
print job is queued up is printed, and lpd then dies.

If no print job is queued then lpd jsut dies.

printer tcp bind address already in use
is appearing in the X console

Now, I sort of solved it by wirting a daemon to start lpd every 2 minutes,
but that seems a really dumb way to go.

WHat is really irritating is that I had it running at setup in both machiens,
then later it went away.

Hints please/

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley