Re: [LUG] Red Hat 7.2 - First impressions.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, John Horne wrote:

> I note the recent comments on 75MB of 7.2 updates - perhaps RH will release
> 7.2.1? :-) Or maybe the linux emporioum will release a patch cd - either way
> its a lot of stuff to download.

I've wondered about this.  I know its not somthing they've done before,
but with amount of problems with even the installation process, it may be
beneficial.

I remember 7.0 getting a lot of bashing post-release, mainly for including
a buggy gcc. That was this sort of thing thats only likley to affect more
advanced users who are perfectly capable of sorting out a fix.

I would say these installer/post install issues are more important as they
could well be make-or-break for new linux users.

Alex