Re: [LUG] Redhat 7.2 - More first impressions

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Pete Hatton wrote:

> Overall, it feels a bit rushed out, and should have been polished a little
> more. Already there are about 75megs of updates for Redhat 7.2, which does not
> feel like a good sign, though the majority of the updates are for the kernel
> due to the local ptrace exploit discovered a week ago.

The lion's share of that 75MB is glibc and kernel updates.  I spent all
night downloading them, and applied them this morning.

On the plus side, applying a kernel update modified my grub config
automatically for me, something that i've never seen it do with lilo.
Howver, the 2.4.9-7 kernel seems to have re-introduced the "kernel
crashing on system halt when shutdown from kdm" bug that I had with RH
7.1.