[LUG] Red Hat 7.2 - First impressions.

I'm sitting here in fron of a newly installed RH 7.2 box. Getting it
sorted was a pain in the arse.

There are 2 main issues that have manifested themsevles this evening:

For some reason, after install you can't access any cd drives.  Have
traced this down to a kernel issue.  I belive that the appropriate cd
interface module is missing/buggered.

It has also occoured to me that while the default RH 7.2 kernel supports
ext3, the release kernels still don't.  Therefore I very much reccomend
that you do not install on ext3 if you are likley to want to roll you own
kernel.  You can of course get the appropriate ext3 patches, but its a bit
of a pain.

So I've spent quite some time this evening reinstalling it and recompiling
kernels.

Bah.

Alex.