[LUG] mouse / keyboard don't work after mouse change.

I noticed that my ps/2 mouse was a bit jumpy under windows so I replaced it
with a serial I had lying around,  then I remembered that I should check
everything is ok under linux.

Anyway rebooting into Linux and both keyboard and mouse are not responding,
As kudzu is disabled I would expect a mouse problem, esp as the connection
device has changed.   however I can't see any reason for the keyboard to not
work,

The old mouse still works but not very well  so I could just swop over again
and re-enable kudzu which should pick up the changes.  then try again.  But
the problem just seems strange,  perhaps it a device conflict.

Has anyone come across anything like this before.

2.

Has anyone any experience with an epson sylus colour 580 under Linux,  as my
canon ink costs are 3 times that of the epson, For around  5.85 for a colour
and black ink cart,  compatable so it's alot cheaper,  esp as the buying a
BC-02 and BC - 05. would cost over £20 for the canon, and £25 for the colour
kit

I am thinking of upgrading my printer to save on ink costs. but would still
like to print photos but get good output,  the canon is great,  so the epson
having a higher resolution should fit the bill.  according to reviews the
photo output is good for a budget printer.

Paul