Re: [LUG] No kernel dev tree?

On Friday 19 Oct 2001 11:19 am, you wrote:
> Has anyone heard anything about a kernel 2.5 dev tree?
>
> I've seen nothing of the sort, and assuming that they've ghanged how they
> oraginise the releases.
>
> Alex

Last I heard, at http://lwn.net/2001/1018/kernel.php3 Linus was still teasing
us about it.

Interesting how much work seems to get done on the "stable" series with Alan
Cox accepting the more risky changes into the ac series, if they work Linus
merges them with his series.  My guess is that they are trying it this way
for as long as they can get away with it.  Once there is a 2.5 development
series all the new stuff will get thrown into that and it might be a couple
of years (based on past experience) until it turns into something stable,
which some might consider to be bad_for_business.

--
Tony Atkin
_____