[LUG] Nethack - falcons eye

I am playing nethack falcons eye on windows but its the same as the Linux
version when I get it working on linux

anyway

Is it possible to find out where I am.  When I save exit and reenter I get
told if I am in either the dungeons or the goblin mines,  however it would
help to be able to do this whithout having to exit.  I think I am doing
quite well.

2. I seem to have put on cursed combat boots,  any idea how to remove them,
they seem to slow me down and I keep falling over.  I am actually doing very
well in terms of gold here,  as I found loads in a chest.

thanks

Paul