Re: [LUG] USB Printers....

Neil,

Not tried scanning but I have had an Epson 2500 hanging off the usb ports on a RH7.1 box for a while. Printing was just a case of plugging it in. The correct printer module bindings etc were auto loaded. I then just needed to do the ususal (in RH) printtool stuff and tell it the printer was on /dev/usb/lp0

Sorry cant help about scanning, never tried it.

-James

Neil Stone wrote:

I have an HP OfficeJet G85, there are drivers for linux, well for X... I
have it connected via USB and working in Windows 98se, my questions are
these...

How the hell do I get usb printing/scanning working in linux ?? I could
also connect the MFD via parallel would this make it easier ?

I am using redhat 7.1 at the mo... I may try other distros if that will
help !!

Neil Stone