[LUG] Fw: VMware Workstation 3.0 beta - AVAILABLE NOW

-----Original Message-----
From: VMware <vmwarenews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: drward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <drward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 04/09/01 20:59
Subject: VMware Workstation 3.0 beta - AVAILABLE NOW

Dear VMware User,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the beta
version of VMware(TM) Workstation 3.0, our award-winning desktop
product. Workstation 3.0 is our most powerful and comprehensive
desktop software release ever! Workstation 3.0 provides support
for the latest operating systems, including Microsoft(R)
Windows(R) XP and the latest Linux distributions. It adds support
for new devices, provides significant enhancements in networking,
and delivers better overall performance. On Microsoft Windows host
operating systems, Workstation 3.0 also provides a completely new
Windows-style user interface with significantly improved ease
of use.

As an existing user of our Workstation software, we want you to
experience firsthand the many new features and performance
enhancements of this major new release.

A few highlights:
-- Support for the latest host and guest operating systems,
   including Windows XP
-- Support for new devices, including USB, generic SCSI devices,
   and CD-ROM ISO images
-- Larger virtual disk support (up to 128GB IDE, 256GB SCSI)
-- Built-in support for NAT, allowing guest OSes to share the host
   IP address
-- Eight internal virtual Ethernet switches, increased from four
   in Workstation 2.0
-- Improved performance for mouse, graphics, disk, I/O,
   and networking
-- New Windows-style user interface (on Windows hosts only)
-- Better support for laptop computers

Support for DVD-ROM and CD-R/RW devices will be available in later
beta releases.

To download and try the VMware Workstation 3.0 beta, please go to:
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB4313505998X1090825X76198X

NOTE: If you are a Workstation 2.0 user, please keep your license
for 2.0 installed even if you uninstall Workstation 2.0 to use the
Workstation 3.0 beta. You will need your license key installed on
your PC in order to upgrade to Workstation 3.0.

Beta versions are available for Windows (Windows NT(R) 4.0,
Windows 2000, and Windows XP) and Linux host operating systems.

To receive a serial number that will unlock the beta release, go
to the URL below, enter your VMware registered username and
password, and select the platform you'd like to test:
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB4313505998X1090826X76198X

Your serial number will be sent to your VMware registered
email address.

To find out all about the new features and improvements in the
VMware Workstation 3.0 beta, as well as for help with
installation, configuration, and setup, please see our online
documentation at:
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB4313505998X1090827X76198X

The beta documentation is also available as a PDF document for
offline reference:
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB4313505998X1090828X76198X

To help us make this the best release of Workstation yet, we ask
that you give us your candid feedback. If you encounter problems
while testing the beta release of VMware Workstation 3.0, please
submit an incident report at:
http://vmware1.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB4313505998X1090829X76198X

Please follow the instructions for including log and core files
if necessary.

If you have general feedback, suggestions for improvement, or
other comments, please send them via email to:
wsbeta@xxxxxxxxxxx

We may not have time to respond to each piece of feedback we
receive, but we guarantee we'll read each one.

Thanks for your continued support. We'll be in touch in a few
weeks with additional information about Workstation 3.0, including
our progress with the beta release and details of pricing and
product availability. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this
"first look" at VMware Workstation 3.0.

Pricing and upgrade information will be available soon, and the
product will be available in Q4.

Best regards,

The VMware Workstation 3.0 Team

This message is sent via Digital Impact, Inc. for VMware, Inc.

* This e-mail was sent using
* OfficeTalk - the essential workgroup organiser
* Download it now from http://www.sareen.com/default.asp?ID=44-22551&N=Atkey+Goodman&S=2