[LUG] Linux is 10 years old

It seems though Linux is 10 years old,  at least it's been around longer
than Windoze.  Or in my case windo zzzzzzze as it's getting slower to load
at any rate, and thanks to iceWM Linux is getting faster, well I press ok
after login, and it's ready  I am trying to set up vmware at the moment.

When it asks for the kernel you are using it,  does it make any difference
if it has been recompiled to work with an AMD K6/2.  (well k6 actually) Have
neglected the
install a bit due to testing iceMC, does anyone have any advice regarding
this?

thanks

Paul Sutton