Re: [LUG] Greetings from a newbie

> Quick question for you....
>
> Are you connecting to the net using windoze or aol.. if aol what software
> are you using !!!?
>
> Cheers

Answer one;-yes and no. my main email is via Win doz., the reason! I have
been running a number of Internet sites for some years and to loose the
address would be uncomfortable.
<snip>
I hope I have answered your Questions
Long Live Linux
Trevor
<<

Why do you need Windows for those internet sites? These being Linux sites,
wouldn't it be easier to operate these sites (and email accounts) from
Linux? KMail is very good and better, overall, than OE.

If you invest in an external modem, you can run the sites in the same way as
I do - I connect using Tiscali (free off-peak), collect email from as many
as 9 different ISP email accounts (relics of various trials etc) to keep
those active, I use the free webspace to store .dll, .zip and other archives
needed for the main site www.codehelp.co.uk and all the HTML goes on a paid
webhost.

The reason this email is on OE, however, is that this is the laptop and the
external modem is upstairs and I was too bone idle after watching the footie
to start up the network!!!!!!

BTW. The 'terms and conditions' rule about deleting old accounts that aren't
accessed within 3 months are rarely implemented. You DON'T need to use their
connection (and even if they did insist, Linux can cope with most except AOL
currently), just collect your email intermittently.

Neil Williams
=========
http://www.codehelp.co.uk
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx