[LUG] Strange yet true

For some bizarre reason my machine cannot connect to
www.nationwide.co.uk, www.theregister.co.uk and several other sites.
DNS resolves (I've tried several DNS servers, Eclipse, Freeserve),
then the browser gets stuck on 'sending request'. The sites load fine
if I go through a proxy.

Any ideas?, they are all UK sites and the fact they work through a
proxy suggests a fault further down the line rather than me (I've
changed just about every setting I can find, ). But even if this is
the case why the selection? Other UK sites work fine.

The Eclipse site lists no problems, you would of thought someone
would have noticed (if its not my fault) ;)

-- Tom Laithwaite, tomlai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx