Re: [LUG] PCMCIA network card

> Paul Weaver wrote:
> >
> > I was looking at a recomendation for a linux compatable, cheap, 10/100 mbit
> > network card.
>
> I have a Dynalink 10/100 card in my Laptop - works with the
> generic ethernet driver in Linux no problems - about 30 quid.

[...]
> > Any suggestions?
>
> I'd try PCMCIA-CS 3.1.28 before buying a new card. If your on a
> 2.4 kernel disable all the kernel PCMCIA stuff and do it the
> "D.A. Hinds" way (See README-2.4 in the PCMCIA spource package
> from Source Forge). The kernel config for 2.4 was not pleasant,
> too many flags scattered around all over the place for PCMCIA.
>
> 	Simon,

Done that, got it all working, it ID's the card fine, and activates it, still comes up "sorry, the AX88190 chipset is not supported."

However I've got it to the point that any compatable card shoud work fine :) I've also found, downloaded, and dist-upgraded to a testing iso - I'm happy with it at the moment (just modprobed sound succesfully), dunno when I'll be able to get another card though, might have to order one online.

Oh well, here to hacking.

P.S. are people still meeting week on wednesday?

> --

Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx
12 Manston Road, Exeter

"The best way to accelerate a windows box is at 9.8 meters per second square."