[LUG] PCMCIA network card

I've managed to aquire a laptop (166/80mb/3GB), I've given debian 2GB, and
windows 1GB (somewhere to play civ CTP, and maybe civ3 later - cant find the
linux version for sale, tuxgames told me it was out of print at linuxexpo, and
I'm not holding out for iv3, with loki's current state)

I was looking at a recomendation for a linux compatable, cheap, 10/100 mbit
network card. I'm using a netvin NV501 with an ax88190 chip at the moment,
however after a couple of days playing with it I sitll cant get it to workm
its a broken 8390 clone.

It does come with linux binaries, for a 2.0 kernel (redhat 5.2), and after
digging arorund (and finding the chipset), I found some 2.2 sources for redhat
6 (and some netvin specific 2.2 binaries). I cant get them to compile without
a few hundered invalid symbols.

I was thinking of installing redhat 6.0 temporarily, but decided that its
debian or nothing :)

Anyway, this network card'll be going back in my dos/win 3.11 486 laptop
playing civ 1 && civ 2, when I get another card.

Any suggestions?