Re: [LUG] SNMP - mib browsers

On 17-Aug-2001 at 12:44:10 Alex Charrett wrote:
> We use MRTG (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/) Here for
> monitoring and compiling system stats over snmp.

Hmm, yes but that does not show you anything about the mibs. It simply
graphs the snmp data that is monitored. Okay so it can be argued that that
data is defined by the mibs, but what I wanted was a mib browser.

Likewise with 'scotty', as far as I can tell this provides Tcl extensions,
but you then have to write the mib browser to use those extensions. I haven't
investigated this too much further but from what I could see there was no
mib browser included.

John.