[LUG] KPPP problems

I've finally got myself an external modem so that I can use Linux more than
Windows. However, I can't access the internet connection once made.

Freeserve doesn't connect at all, but my usual screaming.net connection does
succeed. It's just that I cannot get access to it from a terminal or
Konqueror. I've changed the proxy settings for Konqueror to 'none' (it was
using the Windows internet connection via a local proxy) and configured the
KPPP connection. Maybe I'm missing something in the KPPP dialogs.

Using Mandrake 7.2 and KDE2, KPPP account settings include a domain name of
localdomain and Automatic config. Is that right?

I've found the name server entries for the ISP (under the Mac FAQ) but no
mention of the domain name. Would it be screaming.net?

Neil Williams