[LUG] Blatant plug - Exim book

Apologies to the list but this is a blatant plug for the newly released
O'Reilly book called 'Exim: The mail Transfer Agent'.

Sendmail is the most popularly used MTA (the software that sends your e-mail
from one computer to another), and Exim is a drop-in replacement for it. We
have used Exim at the Uni on the central mailhubs for the past 2 or more
years with no real problems at all. Exim now comes as the default MTA with
Debian linux I gather. Exim is, to me at least, far easier to configure than
Sendmail but just as rich in its features.

The book was written by Philip Hazel, Exim's author. One reason we went for
Exim, as opposed to sendmail, qmail, etc, was that Philip is based in the UK
at Cambridge Uni, and seemed to support the product very well via the
mailing list and the reference manual. We liked the idea that if we had a
serious problem then we'd just damn well jump in a car and visit the guy! :-)

Absolutely nothing to do with the plug is the fact that I did the technical
review for the book, so I want it to do well :-)

I should apologise to Alex and co since I did say I'd do a short review of
Exim (the software) for the lug web site. That was some time ago now and it
still ain't done :-) Sorry.

Thanks.

John.