Re: [LUG] Realtek RTL8139 10/100 PCI Ethernet Module Compile Prob's

Kelly Jones wrote:

> I am using a 2.4 kernel so i assumed i only had to compile the module

You only had to compile the module in 2.2 - the kernel stuff
is optional, although often I find you need to enable weird
and wonderful option (maybe I do too much weird IP stuff) so
it is safer and easier just to rebuild the kernel at the
same time.

My brief exposure to 2.4 suggested the procedure wasn't much
different, although the source tree lived else where, and as
Alex suggests you need to get the punctuation right.