Re: [LUG] scroll Mouse

On Thursday 03 Jul 2003 10:04 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to help another user who is currently using slackware 9,  he is
> on the list but has no home net access yet,  he is trying to get a scroll
> mouse working,  can anyone with slackware 9 offer advice, he lives in
> paignton same as me.
>
> paul

I don't live in Paignton and I don't run slackware but he might try checking
his XF86Config-4 file.

First off, this little tidbit will probably only solve the simplest of scroll
mouse problems and even then, only if his mouse is a PS2 device, but here
goes.

In the mouse section there may be a line which reads:
Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"

It should be changed to read:
Option		"Protocol"		"IMPS/2"

Failing that, the mother of all scroll mouse howto documents can be found at:
http://koala.ilog.fr/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

It must be the most boring document ever written so tell your friend to find a
comfy seat that does back massages before he digs in.

/rob