Re: [LUG] Open Source and EU patent law

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 11:12, you wrote:

> Adrian Midgley wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 July 2003 00:04, you wrote:
> >>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/31472.html
> >>
> >>It's rather long but makes scary reading.
> >
> > It is not entirely accurate.
>
> In what way?

Was the note that the vote is in September present in the
_original_ version of that article?  I rather thought it had
declared all was lost, and the vote today.

I do not think that the move to US type patents in the EU is
inevitable, so it is worth continuing to lobby against it.

--
From the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/