Re: [LUG] AVI compression utility ? Rant: Why we do it - a reminder

Simon,

Probably a good place to start looking for AVI compression software under Linux
is http://linuxmedialabs.com/linuxvideo.html. Also,
http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+avi+compression yields about 9,380 hits.
Hmm.

Sorry to hear about your Windows debacle, although I am not surprised. I
recently purchased a Matrox G450 Dual Head card, and had pain getting Windows to
even boot, let alone recognise that it had a shiny new graphics card. I only
boot it every now and again so that I can watch a DVD, but that will all change
once xine is a bit more stable, or LinDVD is finally released.

Cheers,
Matthew