Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:47:52 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-bristol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Matt <madmatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bristol LUG <bristol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bristol] Free, yes *FREE* Sun hardware

Right, it pains me to do this, but:

In order to appease the mighty gods, (aka my Dad), who will no doubt rain
fire and brimstone upon me when I try and fill up a Transit with my gear,
I'm offering some "free to a good home(TM)" Sun hardware. I have:

2x SparcStation 1: 25MHz cpu, 16MB RAM, B&W FB and 17" Monitor. (One has a
floppy drive, the other lacks a working NVRAM).

1x SparcStation SLC: 25MHz cpu (I think), 16MB RAM, B&W FB and
*integrated* 17" Monitor, (think iSparc :-)). The NVRAM is munged on this
too.

1x 19" Grayscale Monitor: Won't work with the above, but will work on
anything with a GX or TGX FB.

I have type4 keyboards and optical mice for each of the three machines. I
don't have monitor leads or mousemats 'cos I was never given any, but I
can direct you towards sources of them. Ditto for the NVRAM chips too.

The machines lack HDD's but any ~500MB 50-pin disk will work fine, and are
quite cheap to pick up.

The machines should run Linux fine AFAIK, but OpenBSD has been running
reasonably nicely on a similar SS1.

The only concession to make is that if you want any of it, it needs to be
picked up on or before Wednesday, otherwise in the early hours of Thursday
I'll be cast into Hades, commonly known as stuck in the cab of a Transit
with my Dad in a bad mood.

E-mail me privately if any of you are interested.

Matt

http://www.lug.org.uk                   http://www.linuxportal.co.uk
http://www.linuxjob.co.uk               http://www.linuxshop.co.uk

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------