Re: Re[2]: [LUG] lilo question

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 10:50:48 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>> rebooting via 'reboot'. (run level 6) causes lockup for my new kernel
>> only. but suse kernels work ok !
>>
>> now sitting here scratching my head. assume something simple and
>> stupid done in error.
>>
>Interesting problem. Two things to try - no solution as such - first try
>running 'shutdown -r' rather than 'reboot' to see if it makes a difference.
>Secondly check /etc/inittab to see if run level 6 has anything odd about it.
>
>John.

might be a hardware problem with disks or controller. given that i can
always cure the lockup by hitting the reset switch, i will just leave
it and go on with what i was originally aiming to do -  modifying the
linux makefile so the vmlinux/system.map/ and lilo menu all refer to
linux-<version number> so i can easily choose older kernels

best regards
dave morgan

(think system is trying to tell me to go back to titan and buy new
motherboard or disk controller !!)