Re[2]: [LUG] lilo question

Hello morgad,

m> rebooting via 'reboot'. (run level 6) causes lockup
m> for my new kernel only. but suse kernels work ok !

m> now sitting here scratching my head. assume something simple and
m> stupid done in error.

Does the kernel have power management installed?
I have had problems with core dumps on shutdown when the apm or acpi
tries to turn off my machine.  I didn't bother getting to the bottom
of it further than removing them during a kernel config.

--
Regards,
 Martin                            mailto:mglistmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx