[LUG] Problems with Mandrake

Running 7.2 & I have a printer problem. It's always detected at installation or by running hardrake but Kudzu keeps reporting it's been removed on reboot. Since I last installed I can't print at all. I also have Redhat 7.1 on my system (as well as windows, triple boot) and printing works ok but only if I drag a file onto the printer icon on the KDE or  Gnome desktop. If I query the queue before printing it says it' s empty.
Pretty confusing.

Ray Smith