Re: [LUG] Re: Sound again

Grip is a nice cd ripper/encoder -  http://www.nostatic.org/grip/ or apt-get install grip.

> Hope everyone is well
> Best Regards
> Kelly Jones
>

> Mark Harvey writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have checked the Mandrake site & agree that the DS1L audio is not listed.
> > However, under Mandrake 7.2 I was able to play my CD's through the cd player
> > and I'm sure I had some sound in a couple of the programs, neither of which
> > is possible now.
> >
> > I need a 2.4 kernel though, to access the remainder of my hard disk which
> > the Bios ignores, so need Mandrake 8 or to compile a 2.4 kernel in 7.2 - but
> > 8.0 has so much extra good stuff I do not want to lose it.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Mark Harvey

Paul Weaver
p.j.weaver@xxxxxxxx
Room c210, Moberly, Duryard.

"Well, it's the open source concept, but one notch better, because the
source wouldn't be open" - Derek Burney, CEO Corel. And people wonder
why no one likes "Corel Linux"

"Microsoft product suspected.
Linux zealot team scrambled to liquidate target.
ETA 6 minutes."