Re: [LUG] C++ book

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, John Horne wrote:
> In a vain attempt to get away from administration and back into
> programming, and to drag myself into the 21st century I need (?) to learn
> about C++. I have Herbert Schildt's 'C' book, and know that he did a C++
> one. Would people recommend I get that or something else?

The Waite group book on c++ is very good - very big chunky book with
knights and stuff on the cover. It is handy both as a reference and as
tutorial. I find it very useful as opposed to Bjarne Stroustrop's C++ book
which is just plain scary.

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty  at  termisoc.org </A>
I sometimes think that surrealist artists breed in the echelons of local