Re: [LUG] Open source, GNU.

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Peter Hatton wrote:
> I dont agree with the idea of someone making money from my code that costs
> someone nothing.  However as you can see from what I've want it two ways,
> which I guess you cant have.  So if the GPL says I cant make money from it
> at all, then I would still be happy, not to get anything myself.

This is a common misunderstanding about the GNU GPL - You are allowed to
make a profit - you can sell your product for whatever you like and so can
anyone else just so long as the source and binaries are freely
distributable and are available at media+post costs or free (you could
charge micropayments for downloads to cover bandwidth and server costs).

A.

--
<!-- betty  at  termisoc.org --><A HREF="http://termisoc.org/~betty">
####   hare krishna hare krishna  krishna krishna hare hare   ####