RE: [LUG] xPine

On 26-Jul-00 at 11:50:49 Jon Still wrote:
> Something I found whilst rummaging around on freshmeat:
>
> http://xpine.sourceforge.net/
>
> It looks pretty good and it's nice if you want do a GUI thing, but keep
> the familiarity of pine....I'm gonna give it a spin when I get back home
> at the weekend...

Oh ta :-) Unfortunately pine itself never struck me - preferred mutt. I'm
still looking for a nice X e-mail client. Unfortunately (a) most seem to be
still under (in some cases heavy) development; (b) I'd like to change from
XFMail to something else this Summer; (c) because of (a) and Summer is well
underway, we'll probably stick with XFMail for the moment.

Mahogany still seems to be the promising candidate and I gather a (long-time
awaited) release is due soon; albeit that it is release 0.6, a long way to
go I guess until 1.0 :-)

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk